TYPES OF APOSTILLES
The State Apostilles
- A "Legalization" under the name "Apostille" only for documents to be presented in Hague Convention Countries.
- A "Certification" or "Authentication" for Non-Hague Covention Countries.
- In the majority of cases, the document presented to the State requires notarization and sometimes a Certification by either the County or City. Federal documents are never processed at the State level.
The California Apostille
- California Notary Public
- County Clerk
- Court Administrator of the Superior Court
- Officers whose authority is not limited to any particular county
- Executive Clerks of the Superior Court
- Executive Officers of the Superior Court